I have been asked out by six different men in the last two months. Umm, what? What happened? I was asked out twice in high school. Yep, true story--I wasn't a popular girl. In fact, I was pretty shy until they gave me a camera to hide behind. I wasn't nearly as wild as my parents thought I was (to hear them tell it, PHS was a brothel and I was the madame)--not even close.
But I've been keeping a (pretty open) secret from you guys--I've already been seeing someone... for a few months now. I'm wildly happy with him, even though my life is otherwise in chaos from every other angle. It's something that's just for us though--you guys don't get details, lol!
I have turned down every other date and/or relationship offer without hesitation. When I told one I wouldn't see him because I was taken--he said he had been with a bunch of cheating whores (his words) and just wanted to have some fun... no relationship. So he wanted me to be a cheating whore too? No, I don't think so--I'm not handing this out like Tootsie Rolls at the parade. I had another ask me three different times for a tumble, then delete me on FB in a public huff when I wouldn't go for it. LOL, okaaay then, see ya! I guess he doesn't like to hear no--from what I've heard, I might be the only person to have ever told him no. As far as I'm concerned, that's even more reason to say it to him.
I have been asked out for just dinner--which was a wonderful change from the others--but I still politely declined. I was thrilled to find there are still gentlemen in the world! But still... it wouldn't be fair to them to go out with these men, knowing my mind was on another (and he is always on my mind, it's sorta ridiculous); nor would it be right to my man to lead on anyone else, even for a dinner date. I don't want to give myself away like that--I'm his girl, and I love it.
Johnny Cash sang: "I find it very, very easy to be true; I find myself alone when each day is through. Yes I'll admit, I'm a fool for you... because you're mine, I walk the line." Yep, it's like that. I am happy. (insert HUGE cheesing grin here)
The other chaos? Meh... I'm dealing with it. Not happily, but I'm dealing all the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment