Monday, April 12, 2010

ACK!

I am in total girl mode tonight--something I'm not very good at.

I now have painted fingernails--my natural nails have not been painted in over 10 years. That is not an exaggeration. I just don't do it, ever. I have had "full sets" (false nails) on twice since Paige was born-once this Christmas, when I remembered why I don't do girly shit like that any more.

Now I'm in "Wardrobe Freakout" mode. I have a huge bruise on the outside of my left leg, right below my knee--I can't really wear a skirt. This cancels out my suits, and leaves me with pants. Fine. Choice of two pair of pants, both black. Fine. Shirt? Shirt+Jacket? Am I sure I can't wear my suit with the wiggle skirt? Which shirt? I already wore that one to a different interview, although I *did* get that job... I can wear that one with the jacket. Maybe this one. Blue, Silver or Emerald?

Being a girl, going for an interview in a male-dominated field is hard. You have to look like a girl, act like a girl, but be able to do the job and then some. Do black patent pumps say no nonsense? Or should I wear the office approved low-heeled mules?

I have a closet full of clothes and still in my mind I'm crying out "I have nothing to wear!!!" I think it is the female battle cry.

The purple strappy stilettos are totally out of the question, right? Yea, I know... I just had to ask.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment