I decided that Tuesday seemed to have bad mojo for nearly everyone. I think we could probably strike this one from the record and everyone would be ok with it for the most part. OK, maybe not, but could we agree it wasn't the best day? Good, thanks.
The bad mojo really started Monday night when word of the death of a classmate's little brother hit FB. It was a total accident and the heaviness of his loss has been felt all day long. Knowing this happened actually helped me put all the other ugliness of the day in perspective for me.
I woke up and got the kids to school with time to spare, then went in to my bed to get my snuggles from KoalaBaby, who decided that her day couldn't start without Mommy Snuggles. I am always happy to obilge snuggles, so back into bed I crawled. We laid there and I let her read some little stories to me and then she wanted to pet/play with my hair and we dozed off together for a bit. This was the BEST part of my day. :-)
I woke up to my phone going off with a string of texts coming in. I had a date for tomorrow night, now I don't. That was less-than-awesome. *sigh* Me dating is really not meant to happen--every single date I have tried to go on since Christmas has fallen apart last minute for a variety of reasons. But, whatever. At this point, it has become comical. But all this is fodder for a different post.
A little while later, I had the pleasure of dealing with the ex on a housing deal. Someone made an awful low-ball offer on the house, and while I want my house to sell, I can hold out for a better number than that. Jeez. There is also another interested party waiting in the wings, and turns out they had been given some erroneous info regarding some minuscule detail of the property. I eventually got that straightened out, I think.
I got on FB to find a bizarrely random, horrifingly nasty status update from a relative. Just, wow. Can we find some moderation please? Save that level of hatred for rapists and child molesters, or someone that has personally done you wrong--not for some random person on the TV that you will never have to deal with in your real life. Happiness--gitcha some. Please.
I didn't ever find out what happened, but my SIL had something bad happen to her that required a hard run (endorphins), then chocolate and beer to recover from. I hope whatever it is that happened gets figured out soon. (I love you Sis. It will work out.)
Paige and I run some errands and pick up the olders after school for more errands. I got some child support today (only 12 days late, we are improving ever-so-slightly) and paid some utilities (because being able to store and cook food with electricity is good, and having water to clean it up with is pretty awesome too).
Somehow, I got totally confused over the time of the swimming lessons, and we ended up rushing around being nearly 10 minutes late--and he had his swim test today. That turned out though, and he got it done. I ran the girls up to the daycare so I could go workout. On my way into the gym portion, I passed by a girl I knew from high school. I don't know what crawled into her panties to get them so twisted, but she addressed me with "Hi. Nice tits, those new?" Really? Wow. Thanks, but no. These were a genetic gift, thankyouverymuch. The flat tummy below them is only there because I work hard for it. As in I did 650 crunches Monday, while I was relatively lazy Tuesday and only did 250. Ugh. I don't understand why that question was worded as an insult anyway. So what if they were fakes? Why would that be a bad thing? I don't get petty female jealousies like that. Yes, I got blond hair, and boobs and a flat tummy. You know what? You have a husband that is faithful to you. That means you win. I would have rather had the faithful husband than the tits. Anyway, my response was simply to answer her "No, but thank you!" and dash off to the treadmill. I won't engage people like that. I had a highly motivated workout afterward though, so again--Thank you! lol.
It got better once we all got home again--I got a bunch of texts that made me happy, I gave the girls showers (and got to listen to Paige streak through the house screaming "Ima naked trooper!!!" afterward, LMAO), I drank a cider while I did my ironing, prepping for my sewing today. Then I finished the sketch for the next layer of my painting. I crawled into bed and wrote a little, and fell asleep face-first in my laptop to wake up to find Paige crawling into bed with me at 130am. She hasn't done that in a while. So I got more baby snuggles to end my day.
I just don't understand random meanness from people, especially when there are bigger things to worry about in the world. I have plenty of things that could make me an angry, bitter person... but I really work at trying not to be. People need to work on having appropriate sized reactions to the situation in front of them. Going through a divorce is a highly traumatic thing-I expect my three girlfriends going through them right now to be explosive when they discover a new awful lie about their marriage. I am so sorry that anyone else has to go through this--it feels really degrading. I expect the outpouring of sadness at the loss of our friend, especially one that was so beloved. I expect disappointment at the loss of a job, or getting declined for a new one. I do not expect to be the recipient of hatefulness just because I walk through the gym or because you thought someone on the tv is an idiot. Please, just leave me out of it.
Next up: Amanda dating? Yea, that's good for a few laughs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have been following your blog (and enjoying it) since your first post. This one has made me want to comment. First, I am dying to know who from high school made that snitty comment, you know she was jealous! And, did you notice any comments on FB about God taking people's favorite singer etc, and now their favorite prez is Obama? That really bothered me. I didn't vote for him, but he is our president, he deserves our respect and to suggest that people would like him to die is not at all funny and completely reprehensible! Oh, the things people will put on FB...
ReplyDeleteKeep up the blogging!
Hi Amy! Thank you for the encouragement! This blog is me totally uncensored--I'm not yet sure if that's good or bad, lol...
ReplyDeleteI won't embarrass the girl by naming her. I just can't be that mean in retaliation. She was just the one that SAID something. There was another girl who we both knew really well that gave me that nasty woman look too, but didn't actually say anything. I had THREE bras on, trying to bind them down in place... I don't understand why people would pay for these things. They are just the root of a lot of trouble!
I really wish people would stop making violent and/or ignorant comments while trying to mask it as a religious message--like those comments against the president or what we had talked about with the "learn english" posts. That just makes me so sad--that is so far from the message that is in the Bible. I just don't see those messages any differently than Fred Phelps and his crew spreading their hate in God's name at the funerals. It's all an abomination. :-(