So prayed Little Jenny in the beginning of Forrest Gump, and it is my prayer now. It would be a lot less painful to deal with than the constant power struggle that is happening now.
I am not being unreasonable in requesting that the children be bathed, dressed in appropriate clothing and fed appropriate food. Kate is on a medically necessary diet. It isn't fun, it isn't always easy, but dammit!! It is required for her to grow and thrive and stay healthy!!
Throughout all of the dietary struggles of having allergen children, and teaching them what is safe to eat and what isn't, the one thing that we made sure of is that Kate knows that anything that comes from me or her father is a "SAFE" food. But I found out that he has completely abandoned her diet.
I always ask what she had for lunch--partially to make sure she didn't trade with any other kids at the table, and partially so that I don't send her the same thing two days in a row (I ate a PBJ sandwich and an apple everyday for 5 years-I didn't die, but I hated lunch). Today's lunch was a salami and cheese sandwich, Flipsides and milk. I wrongly assumed the sandwich was on bread he had made, like I make every three damn days. So I was pissy about the crackers. Oh no. It was regular white (wheat) bread too. Then I talked to her more and she said "Oh yea, I like the macaroni from KFC. It is delicious." And pizza from Chuck E Cheese. And other things she isn't supposed to have because it makes her SHIT BLOOD.
I KNOW having to pay $8 for a bag of GF pretzels sucks. I know paying $4.29 for a bag of GF noodles is horrible. But it is for the health of our baby girl! Why can't you behave like an adult is do what is best for our children? You are making this way too easy for me to have those parental rights stripped from you. The Plain White Tee's say it best when they say "Hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like you!"
I hate fighting, but this is war. And it is one I'm guaranteed to win. I will always win when it comes to these kids. I'm smarter than he is, and I have way more fight in me than he thinks I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment