A year ago, I perfected the art of hiding my cell phone in my bra.
A year ago, I slept on my 46 year old couch.
A year ago, I slept with the lights and/or TV on.
A year ago, my pajamas consisted of yoga pants/jeans, bras, t-shirt, jacket, socks, sneakers and keys in my pocket.
A year ago, my housemate got drunk and decided that I was still his wife and owed him some favors.
A year ago, I was afraid.
Today, I have multiple cellphones that my children know how to use.
Today, I sleep in a brand-new bed, but with a stuffed animal.
Today, I am annoyed that my alarm clock illuminates the room.
Today, I wear real pajamas--no socks or shoes, my keys in my purse.
Today, my housemates are my children who thrive on hugs.
Today, I am alive and thankful.
Today, I will no longer be afraid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment