Not of the "someday I wanna..." variety, but the type that happen when you sleep.
I've been having a lot of nightmares. I finally talked to a friend about them. I kept dying in the dreams. Violently. He brought up a couple of really interesting points about the interpretation of them, saying that sometimes dream death means an emotional rebirth of sorts. I had tried so many things to try to stop that dream, it made me dread sleep. Since that talk I have not had that same dream. I have gone through an entire rebirth of my person in the last year. Hearing someone else say that to me sent that dream packing, and I have been nightmare free for a month or so. Thank you B.
A year ago, there was an act of violence committed against me. I have been trying to stay positive and upbeat, focused on all of the wonderful things in my present life so that I don't go back into the depression and anger of a year ago. Today I just wanted to crawl into a hole though. I couldn't shut off my mind last night, or the night before for that matter, and I was exhausted today. Paige and I took a little nap, snuggled up together (she is such a little koala). I fell asleep and went into dream mode immediately. In my new house, with my dad, snakes on the ground--but I wasn't afraid of them. I did ask Dad to kill one of them, and watched Paige jump over another. Just two of them this time. Then I went in the house to find I had an extra baby. (Dreams are weird things aren't they?) I held and fed this baby, then watched it rapidly develop from an infant to a toddler.
I woke up and was bothered by it, but more curious why I wasn't upset about the damn snakes this time. O, Hai interwebz? Googles pleez. What I found was interesting...
To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you find a baby in your dream, then it suggests that you have acknowledged your hidden potential.
As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.
Snakes equaling healing actually makes a lot of sense. The snakes are shown in the MD symbol. Self-renewal and positive changes? Check. Babies represent new beginnings. My rebirth. Oh.
Self-reflection is good for the soul. And possibly for the insomnia. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment