Monday, March 8, 2010

Please hurry up and get a clue...

My children are sad.

They came home from a weekend with their dad, but apparently spent very little time with just their dad. The Boy could not hide his sadness when telling me that Dad was at a meeting for over three hours yesterday and he and the girls were left with "Girlfriend". GF seems to be nice according to the kids, but they are upset... and that makes Mama Bear upset for her cubs too.

There was a string of text messages last week between us last week, where I told him to quit laying the guilt trips on the kids. Every time they come back they say "Daddy is so sad that we don't live with him anymore" When Paige said it last Wednesday, I had to say something to him about it via text. His responses:
Him: "I know, makes me sad we had to split honestly"
Him: "Hope we aren't damaging them"
Me: "No, the damage will come from the string of gf's paraded in front of them."
No response.

I don't have a resolution for this post. Just a vent.

Now I'm going to go spend time with my kids this evening. There is homework to be moderated, a week's dinner menu to plan, some bread in the process of baking, laundry to be folded, another reading of "If I Ran The Circus", girly bathtime, and bedtime before 830p. I better get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment